Sunday 22 February 2015

Listography

I've always loved the idea of keeping a journal or diary. Having something to look back on in later life and see what you were doing and how much you have changed over the years has always appealed to me. However keeping a diary is something I stuggle to do, I'm sure everyone can relate with keeping a diary for a few days and then slowly losing interest. I think it's hard to keep a diary of day to day life because at the time it seems trivial and dull, you forget how interesting you'll find it in later life.

Recently I found a way to record your life without the pressure of keeping a diary everyday. I was browsing Waterstones when I stumbled across Lisa Nola's Listography books and fell in love. There's a book for every different aspect of your life from music to books to films to travel. Inside are gorgeous illustrations and questions on every page asking you to list things based on the subject of the book from your favourite characters to your favourite actors. What I love about the books is that they don't just ask the usual questions, but are full of funny and unique questions that you'e never thought of before but find you have a answer for. Some of my favourite questions were 'List love songs you'd want to be serenaded with', 'List advice that you follow from lyrics', 'List controversial books I've read', 'Historical periods I vicariously lived through', 'List your so-bad-it's-good movies', 'List film quotes you'll never forget.'




As you can see these Listography books are really fun ways to record what you love and hate about certain subjects. I love that you don't need to fill it all in as soon as you get it, just when you please. I've only just started filling them in but think they'll be a really fun way to look back at things that meant  a lot to me over the years!




Do you have any listography books? Have you tried keeping a diary before?

23 comments:

  1. These are so cute I love them, what a great find! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have so much fun filling them in :)
      x

      Delete
  2. The Fault in Our Stars makes me cry sometimes even thinking about it haha.

    Hope you're having a lovely week.

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am forever making lists!! Really want to get my hands on some of these books

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much fun, I'd really reccomend them :)
      x

      Delete
  4. These look amazing, I love making lists!!
    http://theworldofmegansmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! They're so fun to look back on :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like lovely book xx

    mind to visit my newest post?
    it helps me alot :D
    thankyouu

    http://www.missdjoen.blogspot.com/2015/02/my-ideal-japanese-winter-vacation.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is, I'd reccomend them :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of these books, a fun thing to look back on!


    bethanlikes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen the 'One Line A Day' journals around and always thought they looked really fun- I'll defintely check it out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post! I've just nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Check out my post below for more details :) x

    Karis,
    http://karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. jessisratherstrange .4 March 2015 at 21:49

    I've seen these book sin urban outfitters and am always really tempted to buy them, I will definitely have to now! x


    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd definitely reccomend they're so much fun!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look really fun & a better way to record feelings & memories to look back.

    Mafer, Euphoric Wanderlust x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful informative post Molly! I was just thinking about getting something to feed my film obsession, and this is absolutely perfect, i'm so glad I found you! I'm rubbish at keeping diaries, gave up months ago, so thanks for the tips!

    Jessica Anna | A So Called Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know, I can't wait for a few years so I can see how my tastes have changed!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! It really is such a fun and unique way to record your thoughts!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always see these books in Urban Outfitters. Looks like I might have to pick one up one day!

    I'm a bit of a film junkie so I think I'd get the Film one!

    http://lizziebeautyloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was filling in the Film one the other day, it has such great and unique questions!
    x

    ReplyDelete